• 10 Tbsp. Organic, Unsalted Butter (room temp.)
• 1 ¾ C. Organic Flour
• 3 Large Organic Cage Free Egg Yolks
• 1 C. Granulated Sugar (for coating)
• Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and matcha powder together.
• Beat the butter and matcha sugar mixture together in a stand mixer (use paddle attachment) until the butter is smooth and light.
• Add the flour and stir until just combined.
• Mix in the egg yolks until they are incorporated and the dough comes together.
• Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it into a thick disc. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until it is firm.
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to about 1/2-inch thickness.
• Use a small cookie cutter (about 2-inches) to cut shapes from the dough. (*Note: I didn’t have a 2-inch cookie cutter, so I used a 1-inch cookie cutter and it worked quite well.)
• Roll the cut shapes in granulated sugar and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
• Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes (13 minutes for me) or until they begin to turn golden at the edges.
Makes about 5 dozen 1-inch cookies (probably 3 dozen 2-inch cookies).
Store in airtight container away from sunlight as the color will fade with exposure to sun.